Tuesday 19 April 2011

Welcome to Division 4's 'THE BREADWINNER' Novel Study Blog Page

ASSIGNMENT #1.)
Your first assignment is to write a prediction by replying to this post.  You must write a short paragraph between 5-8 sentences.  You must use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.  I will be looking to see that you are using vocabulary that you have learned this year, as well as proper sentence/paragraph structure.  Always keep in mind that you must be socially responsible.  Don't forget that everything you write here will be moderated and reviewed by your entire class.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the breadwinner will be about a girl in afghanistan. Her & her family is in poverty like the rest of the village but they may be the poorest of them all. I think the girl's parent's are dead & being the oldest the girl has to provide for her many younger siblings. I think that the girls bread is the best in afganistan & that bread win's a compatition & her & her family will move to a better part of town. I also think people will use her for her bread & she stops making it & the government takes away her money & her sidlings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that The Breadwinner will be about a girl who lives in a country that is at war. The girl being the eldest in her family has to take care of her younger siblings. While she is taking care she hears that her parents are dead and there is a food shortage. Now she has 2 problems to worry about. Because of the lack of food she decides to work in a bread factory so she can provide food and money for her family. I think this because of the title The Breadwinner which to me means the girl having to work in a bread factory all day to provide food for her family. I also think this because of the picture.

    ReplyDelete